Welcome to CSERC
Role of CG State Electricity Regulatory Commission
The CSERC perceives its role as not only that of a regulator but also a promoter of power sector in the new State of Chhattisgarh. It shall be the CSERC's endeavour to create necessary conditions for the growth of power sector in the State through increased investment in this sector, by assuring the electricity industry a reasonable return and by providing an open competitive environment, so that the potential of this State of being a power hub of the country is realized. The CSERC will strive for efficiency in generation, transmission and distribution of electricity and for efficient supply of electricity at reasonable rates to the consumers. The Commission will seek to achieve these tasks by following such transparent procedure, which ensures the participation of all the stakeholders.
The Commission will have a number of challenging tasks ahead in the coming years as it gears itself to ensure the following objectives:-
- Gradual rationalization of electricity tariff so that they reflect cost of service keeping in view the interest of consumers and the special conditions in the state.
- Improvement in quality of supply of power and better customer service.
- Development of confidence of consumers in the reform process.
- Commercial viability of the Electricity Board and its successors entities.
- Development of a competitive environment for efficient operations of the power sector in the state and for creating favourable conditions for investment in this sector to unlock its large potential.
Proceedings before the commission
All proceedings before the Appropriate Commission shall be deemed to be judicial proceedings within the meaning of Sec. 193 and 228 of the Indian Penal Code (45 of 1860), and Appropriate Commission shall be deemed to be a civil court for the purposes of Sec. 345 and 346 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 (2 of 1974)
(f) Reviewing its decisions, directions and orders.